After several years of growing and pruning I decided it is time to try defoliation. This will be the first time I do it. Why do it? It is supposed to generate smaller leaves and the tree should respond with massive amount of new shoots. Lets hope so!
The situation before I started:
After 1 hour of cutting the leaves away the poor baldy looked like this:
Lots of growth is visible, shoots turned to the heavens. Some order needs to be maintained and after couple of hours of wiring I got the following result:
I bought from Jani a better camera (Canon EOS 500d) and I am still learning how to make a better photo. A better camera doesn’t mean a photo is better. It is the one behind the camera…and it is me so the quality is not necessarily the best what someone might be able to extract from the same conditions…or it is perhaps my trees, they can’t look better than they are 😀
Some playing with different lighting produced photos of different mood, much warmer. At first I didn’t like them but now while writing this I somehow like them more. Lighting though must be improved, too many shadows.
Some more photos with details of the branches in new positions:
As usual, I am not so delighted by what the tree looks on the photo compared with the reality. Because of that I did the video of 360 view:
- The lower part of trunk should be wider. If the tree is half the height it would look much better.
- Extending/growing branches a little further from the trunk
- Perhaps changing the stone. I am unhappy with the color, should be dark grey or black to make a better contrast.
All in all, not so bad 🙂